STATEMENT ON WEST VIRGINIA SPORTS WAGERING
We have notified the West Virginia Lottery Commission that Delaware North is taking steps to terminate its partnership with Miomni Gaming, our management services provider in West Virginia. Since March 6, Miomni’s contract dispute with third-party technology supplier Entergaming has resulted in our inability to accept new sports wagers at our Wheeling Island and Mardi Gras casino sports-betting operations as well as via the BetLucky.com mobile app.
We are evaluating all options to once again provide sports wagering services, and we want our customers to know that identifying and implementing a solution could take several months or longer. In the meantime, we are continuing to honor and redeem all resulted bets and providing our customers with detailed information about how they can access their accounts and withdraw their funds. Support is also available at email@example.com or by calling (866) 807-4007.
Once again, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We remain committed to our customers and plan to offer sports betting again in the near future.
SPORTSBOOK HOUSE WAGERING RULES – RETAIL
GENERAL RULES, TICKETS and WAGERS:
1. Management reserves the right to add, change or delete the House Rules and/or payoff odds subject to regulatory approval of the West Virginia Lottery Commission.
2. Any person under the age of 21 years shall not place wagers or collect winnings from any West Virginia sports book.
3. Prohibited Sportsbook participants also include:
a. any patron on the WV state excluded list
b. Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack self-excluded patrons
c. Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack banned patrons
d. Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack employees
4. West Virginia State Lottery regulations prohibit wagering from outside of the State of West Virginia.
5. Please verify wager accuracy before accepting your bet or leaving the wagering counter. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the odds, and their wager, are correct at the time of placing the bet. Wagering tickets are official and may not always match propositions on the odds display.
a. Once a wager is accepted by both parties, it will not be voided prior to the start of the event except at
the discretion of management and with the approval of both parties or in the case of error as defined in
section 7 below.
b. Winning sports wagering tickets expire one year after the date of the event.
c. Winning tickets may be mailed in for redemption. See the reverse side of wagering ticket for mail-in collection instructions and address.
d. Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack is not responsible for lost, stolen, altered or unreadable wagering tickets. Lost, stolen, and expired ticket claims will be handled as a dispute with the process outlined below.
e. All disputes (see above) and redemptions will be addressed within ten calendar days from the date of receipt. All such disputes and redemptions must be sent by mail, in a self-addressed envelope along with supporting documentation, to the address below:
Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack
Sport & Race: Attn: Accounting
1 South Stone Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
6. Management will make every effort to ensure the odds displayed on their screen are accurate.
a. Computer generated point spreads / odds shall determine winners, losers, ties and payout odds.
b. If posted propositions are not updated simultaneously with computer system changes, an announcement will be made within the Book area of point spread, odds changes, followed by the updating of posted propositions.
c. For the protection of all concerned, management will retain a record of all point spreads and odds in case of technical or human error.
d. All statistical and other data displayed on the sports book screens, wall boards, scratch sheets, etc. are for the convenience of our patrons only. Maximum care is taken to ensure the accuracy of such information.
7. Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack reserves the right to void or amend a wager that is a result of an obvious error with a misstated line or misstated odds of a wager or where the terms offered on a wager are materially different from those available to the general market at the time the wager is placed. This applies to individual wagers or wagers that are part of a multi-event, such as a parlay.
8. Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack will accept cash and winning sports wagering tickets as a methods of funding wagers.
9. Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack reserves the right to refuse any wager or part of a wager, delete or limit selections prior to the acceptance of a wager, as well as accept a wager at other than posted terms.
10. Minimum and maximum wagers on all sporting events shall be determined by the license holder.
11. Winning tickets over $50,000 may be delayed for 24 hours to allow verification of the wager and funds.
12. Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack reserves the right to add, delete or change the Sportsbook House Wagering Rules (subject to the West Virginia State Lottery approval) and/or payoff odds.
ACTION/OFFICIAL RESULTS/MINIMUM PLAY
1. All “games” (team contests) must be played on the date scheduled, to be considered “Action”, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display. Game start or conclusion times delayed or extended beyond midnight are not recognized as date changes for wagering purposes.
2. “Events” including golf tournaments, boxing matches, mixed martial arts, tennis matches, auto races, track and field, Olympic and international tournaments or events must be held within 30 days of scheduled date to be considered “Action”, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
3. Management is not responsible for location changes. If a game or event is moved from original location, all wagers are “Action”.
4. All (fighting, boxing, mixed martial arts, etc.) wagers including win, go/don’t go (will/won’t go), K.O., decision, draw, etc., will have action regardless of any change in weight class, scheduled length of the bout or championship sanction, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display. All fighting “pick the round” proposition wagers are “No Action” (Refunded) if the scheduled length of the bout is changed from the distance displayed by the sports book, or on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
5. All future book wagers (index/odds to win a future contingency, including league, conference, division, championship, or “other events,” etc.) are “Action” as long as a winner/champion is officially declared, regardless of season length or playoff format. All future book bets are “Action” regardless of team relocation, name change, date change or a change in league affiliation unless specified on any printed media or electronic boards.
6. All results are deemed final once the official agency (official sports body, commission, sanctioning organization, etc., recognized agency such as AP) has posted the result. Subsequent inquiries and changes to official result will not affect the bet settlement.
7. For betting purposes, the winner of an event or game will be determined on the date and approximate time of the events conclusion according to house wagering rules. BetLucky Interactive does not recognize suspended games, result changes one hour or more after the events conclusion, protests, or overturned decisions, etc.
8. Minimum play requirements for betting purposes (unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display, games are official after):
a. Football (professional and college) - 55 minutes of play.
b. Basketball (professional) – 43 minutes of play.
c. Basketball (college) – 35 minutes of play.
d. Hockey (professional, college, amateur) – 55 minutes of play.
e. Soccer (professional and amateur) - 90 minutes of play.
f. Fighting, Mixed Martial Arts (professional and amateur) – When bell (buzzer etc.) is sounded signifying the start of the opening round the bout is considered official for betting purposes, regardless of the scheduled length. For fighting go/don’t go, KO, decision and draw propositions, see rule # 10.
g. Baseball (major league, minor league, college, amateur) – In all nine-inning scheduled games, winners and losers are official after nine innings of play, unless the home team is leading after eight and one-half innings. Postponed or Suspended games must go a minimum of five innings or four and one-half innings if the home team is ahead (also applies to seven-inning scheduled games). If a game goes past five innings and is subsequently Postponed or Suspended, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning of play; except in a case in which the home team scores to tie or take the lead in the bottom half of the inning in which the game is Postponed or Suspended, the runs do count. For baseball “totals”, run lines, and propositions see rule #11.
h. All contests not listed above that involve a predetermined length of play, time limit, distance, etc. that are not reached, yet the event is called final by event officials with a winner declared, shall also be considered official for betting purposes, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
i. All other contests not listed above that involve a scheduled length of play or time limit must play to their conclusion or have five minutes or less than 10% of scheduled playing time remaining when the contest concludes to be considered official for betting purposes.
j. All halftime (1st half and 2nd half), quarter, period, set, etc. wagering propositions must be played to the conclusion of that portion of play to be considered “Action”, and are independent of the game and other propositions. Soccer 1st half or 2nd half wagers must go at least 45 minutes to be considered “Action”.
9. Rules and minimum play requirements on “proposition” bets (statistical, match-up, player performance proposition wagers, “In Play”, (In-Progress, In-Game, etc.) wagers are the same as those for “totals” on that event, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
10. When wagering on “totals” (combined score, over/under) on contests involving a scheduled time limit, all game wagering rules applicable to minimum play requirements shall also apply to all “total” wagers, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
11. Auto Racing, Golf, Tennis:
a. All future book wagers on Auto Racing, Golf and Tennis are “Action” once player / Driver begins event
unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
b. All participants in event match-up or Player / Driver propositions must start the event, or that proposition is “No Action” and wager will be refunded.
c. Most holes played wins golf match-ups. If holes are equal, then low score wins.
d. If golfers listed in a match-up are involved in a 3 way (or more) playoff, either golfer involved must win the playoff to win that matchup, or proposition is “No Action” and wager will be refunded. e. All auto race wagers are on drivers only; not on a team or car, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
f. Auto race results will be considered official for wagering purposes one hour after the events conclusion. At that time auto series recognized results and statistics will be used to determine all winners and losers. Subsequent changes will not be recognized.
g. When wagering on auto race over/under cautions, lap leader or lead change propositions, all scheduled laps must be run for “Action”, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
12. In “Fighting”, mixed martial arts, etc. “Go/Don’t Go” (will/won’t go, over/under) proposition wagers, a full round is defined as one in which the bell (buzzer, etc.) has sounded signifying the conclusion of such round. If a fighter is counted out or the bout officially stopped prior to the bell, that round is not considered a full round for wagering purposes. If a half round (one minute and thirty seconds of a three minute round, 2 minute 30 seconds of a five minute round) or other specified time is listed, the official time of the bouts conclusion, as determined by ring officials, will determine proposition winners and losers.
a. On fighting, mixed martial arts “K.O.” proposition wagers, “K.O.” includes knockout, technical knockout,
disqualification, or any other stoppage.
b. On fighting, mixed martial arts “Decision” proposition wagers, “Decision” means fight must go to the judge’s scorecards to determine a winner; including technical decision.
c. On fighting, mixed martial arts “Draw” proposition wagers; “Draw” means fight must go to the judges’ scorecards and be declared a draw; including technical draw.
13. When wagering on baseball “totals” (combined score, over/under), the game must go at least the regulation nine innings (eight and one-half if the home team is ahead) for a scheduled nine inning game and seven (six and one-half if the home team is ahead) for a scheduled seven inning game. Thereafter, if a game is Postponed or Suspended the score will be determined after the last full inning; unless the home team scores to tie or take the lead in the bottom half of the subsequent inning in which case the score is determined at the time the game is Postponed. Listed or specified pitchers must start in over/under wager or there is “no action” and wager will be refunded.
a. Rules for baseball propositions, run lines, and all baseball “in-play” wagers are the same as those for
baseball totals, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
b. On Baseball 5 Inning wagers, games must go 5 full innings and Both Specified (Listed) Pitchers must start for “Action”. Winners and losers determined at the conclusion of the 5th inning.
14. Baseball wagers are accepted in the following manner:
a. Action – team against team, regardless of the starting pitchers.
b. One Specified Pitcher – A wager on or against one specific pitcher, regardless of other starting pitcher. Specified pitcher must start or wager is deemed “no action” and wager will be refunded.
c. Both Specified (Listed) Pitchers – A wager that specifies both starting pitchers. Any variation constitutes “no action” and wager will be refunded.
d. Note: Each team’s starting pitcher is defined for wagering purposes as the pitcher that throws the initial pitch.
15. In the event of a pitcher(s) change prior to the start of a baseball game, money odds may be adjusted. If one scheduled pitcher starts against an unscheduled pitcher, “Action” and live one “Specified (Listed) Pitcher” wagers will be computed at the opening price established by management with the new pitcher.
16. When wagering on “totals” (over/under), overtime periods, extra innings, etc., are counted in the final score, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
17. On “half-time” wagers, scoring during the second half shall determine winners and losers. Overtime periods are included as part of the second half. On first half, quarter, period, inning wagers, set, etc., scoring during that designated portion of play only, shall determine winners and losers.
18. On “In-Play” (In-Progress, In-Game, etc.) wagers the final score or result shall determine winners and losers, unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
19. If on the day of the events conclusion no winner is determined, minimum play requirements are not met or if “no contest” is declared, all wagers on that event will be considered “No Action” for betting purposes and wager will be refunded.
20. Soccer wagers are accepted in the following manner: a. 90 minute – Wager is on the outcome of a soccer match, determined on the basis of the score at the end of 90 minutes of play and any time the referee adds to compensate for injuries and other stoppages.
i. Wager does not include periods of extra time or penalty shootouts. b. To Advance – Wager on a team in a soccer match to advance to the next level or round of competition. i. Wagers will be decided on the basis of the score at the referee’s final whistle at the match’s natural conclusion, whether the match is decided in regular time, extra time or in a penalty shootout. c. Three Way – A wager in which there are three (3) possible outcomes in a soccer match. d. If the wagering offer on a match includes the draw as a third option and the match ends in a draw, wagers on the draw will be paid, while wagers on both teams will be lost. e. Three Way wagers will be decided on the basis of the score after 90 minutes of play and any time the referee adds to compensate for injuries and other stoppages.
21. Official league chairman, commission, sanctioning organization, etc., recognized statistics one hour after the events conclusion will be used to determine all statistical wagering propositions player performance proposition wagers and future book wagers.
22. Propositions - Various unique wagers may be offered from time to time. Terms for these wagers may be posted on guest wagering information sheets or odds display.
23. Wheeling Island assumes absolute responsibility for paying the mandatory .25% Federal Excise Wagering Tax required by law for wagering on sporting events and horse races.
24. Wheeling Island offers account wagering through BetLucky Interactive mobile sports betting application, a West Virginia Gaming Lottery State Lottery approved system. All applicable rules include Mobile Wagering House Rules, can be located within the mobile sports betting application.
(unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display; excluding parlay/teaser cards)
On all football and basketball straight wagers, players lay 11 to win 10 unless stipulated otherwise on guest wagering information sheets or odds display. Wagering ties (with the point spread) are refunds.
Note: In the event of a wagering tie, a two-team parlay reduces to a straight wager. One tie in three-team parlay reduces the wager to a two-team parlay, etc. Note: Maximum payout of any parlay will not exceed $250,000 and maximum payoffs for parlays are 719/1.
ALL WAGERS will be calculated as follows: This applies to all sports and/or propositions.
Players lay or take money odds. (Money odds are always quoted in terms of $100 for reference).
Example - STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Player wagers $140 to win $100 to return $240.
Steelers -7 –120
Player wagers $100 to win $83.30 to return $183.30.
Player wagers $100 to win $125 to return $225.
ALL PARLAYS -
All parlay payoffs are computed by multiplying the payoff conversion (odds equivalent to one dollar) of the teams in the parlay, by amount wagered.
Ohio State -500
Browns +4 -110
Player wagers $100 on this 5-team parlay. Payoff = $100 multiplied by: 1.50 x 1.80 x 2.25 x 1.20 x 1.91 = Payout of $1,392.40 (Winnings of $1,292.40).
Note: Maximum payouts on all non-parlay card wagers are 719-1.
WHEELING ISLAND’S BETLUCKY INTERACTIVE SPORTSBOOK MOBILE WAGERING RULES
2. BetLucky Interactive wagers are accepted throughout the State of West Virginia only. West Virginia law prohibits wagers originating from outside the State of West Virginia. It is illegal to place a wager originating outside the State of West Virginia using the BetLucky Interactive application.
3. All BetLucky Interactive accounts will be created through the mobile application, with all required fields and acknowledgments completed. This will include name, address, DOB, and location information, which will be verified before usage of the account.
4. All account applicants must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
5. All BetLucky Interactive account transactions, including deposits and withdrawals, must be made by the account holder only. Agents or other representatives are not permitted. Wagering accounts may be used only by the person named on the application for such account. The initial deposit into a wagering account, as well as all withdrawals, may be made either in person, at Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack during normal business hours or within the application via the account funding options available. (See www.betlucky.com for program details).
6. A minimum deposit of $50.00 must be made to open a BetLucky Interactive account. Replenishment thresholds will vary depending on funding source chosen. Deposits to an account in person can be made with cash or a sports wagering winning ticket.
7. BetLucky Interactive patrons with wagering accounts may be required to provide their account number, additional account specific information, and/or acceptable valid identification when conducting account transactions.
8. A BetLucky Interactive wager will not be accepted if the total value of the wager exceeds the wagering account's balance.
9. BetLucky Interactive wagers are subject to established wagering limits. The minimum wager is $1.00.
10. BetLucky Interactive wagers are accepted during normal Sportsbook hours of operation, unless determined otherwise.
12. All applicable Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack house rules and regulations apply to mobile application accounts.
13. Upon reasonable request, BetLucky Interactive will provide patrons a statement of account that will show each wagering account deposit, wagering account withdrawal, credit to a wagering account, and debit to the wagering account made during the time period reported by the account statement. Patrons may dispute any transaction according to the West Virginia Sports Lottery or a designee, as applicable.
14. BetLucky Interactive will make a print, electronic, or other approved record of the entirety of each transaction and shall not accept any wager or transaction if the recording system is inoperable. Recorded wagering transactions shall be maintained for a minimum of sixty (60) days. The record of the patron's confirmation of all wagering information shall be deemed to be the transaction of record, regardless of what was recorded by the computerized bookmaking system. The transaction records shall be made available to the West Virginia Sports Lottery upon request. In the event of a system disruption or failure, sports wagers payouts will be delayed until technical issues have been resolved. Patrons will be informed of any system failure, and will be notified that pay outs will be made as soon as possible.
15. You acknowledge that a wager placed using BetLucky Interactive is binding.
16. Once a wager has been accepted by the BetLucky Interactive system and displays the above confirmation message, the wager is binding by both parties and cannot be cancelled by either party other than the exceptions noted in section 17 below.
17. BetLucky Interactive, in its sole discretion, has the right to:
a. Refuse the establishment or maintenance of any or all accounts;
b. Refuse deposits to accounts;
c. Refuse to accept all or part of any wager;
d. Declare the account wagering system closed for receiving any or all wagers;
e. Suspend or close any account at any time, provided, however, that when an account is closed, BetLucky Interactive shall, within ten (10) business days, return the balance of the wagering account at the time of said action, subject to compliance with the West Virginia Sports Lottery regulations, Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack House Rules, BetLucky Interactive house rules, and federal and state laws and regulations, by sending a check to the patron's address of record; or
f. Close any wagering account when an account holder tries to operate with an insufficient balance or when the account is dormant for an unacceptably long period of time, as determined by BetLucky Interactive in its sole discretion. In either case, BetLucky Interactive shall refund the balance of the account, subject to compliance with the West Virginia Sports Lottery regulations, Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack House Rules, BetLucky Interactive house rules, and federal or state law.
g. Void or amend a wager that is the result of an obvious error with a misstated line or misstated odds of a wager or where the terms of the wager are materially different from those available to the general market at the time the wager is placed. This applies to individual wagers or wagers that are a part of a multi-event, such as a parlay.